Pencarrow Enterprises Pty Ltd, Australia. Trading as Plan to Travel ACN 610 274 407.
Plan to Travel (“us”, “our” or “we”) respects your privacy and this policy sets out how we collect, use, store, disclose and otherwise treat your personal information as required by the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”). Your personal information is collected by us for the primary purpose of providing travel services to you.
- clearly communicate the personal and sensitive information handling practices of Plan to Travel;
- enhance the transparency of Plan to Travel information collection processes;
- and to give individuals a better understanding of the sort of personal information that Plan to Travel holds, and the way Plan to Travel uses or discloses that information.
information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- a) whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- b) whether the information or opinion is recorded in material form or not.
Personal information may include your name, address (including previous addresses), information about you (including medical information), contact telephone number(s), e-mail addresses, bank account and credit card details, and details about flight, hotel, transfers and other related travel details and/or other information that is necessary for the delivery of our services to you.
We will only collect your sensitive information with your consent and where information is reasonably necessary for one or more of our services.
We will only use and disclose your sensitive information for the primary purpose for which it was collected or a purpose that is directly related to this primary purpose and is reasonably expected. You consent to the use and disclosure on this basis. If for example we have collected information about any medical conditions you are suffering, then you consent to us disclosing this information to our service providers (for example ground operators) if they reasonably have a need to know such information in order to safely supply services for your benefit.
Collection of personal information
In the course of regular business activity and in order to use the website and/or our services, Plan to Travel will from time to time collect, require and otherwise deal with your personal and/or sensitive information.
If you do not want any of your personal and/or sensitive information collected, you can stop using the website and/or our services at any time (subject to applicable contracts), however we may not be able to provide our services to you.
Plan to Travel collects personal and/or sensitive information from individuals in numerous ways, including for example when an individual:
- visits or uses the website or social media channels;
- contracts or corresponds with Plan to Travel in person or via telephone, email, mail or directly through our website; makes a purchase(s) from Plan to Travel or enquires about travel arrangements with us;
- makes payment of an invoice; or
- provides us with personal and/or sensitive information, including for example allowing information on social media to be shared with us or signing up for a promotion or competition or when you subscribe to receive marketing from us (i.e.: newsletter).
We may also collect personal and/or sensitive information about you from third parties or where Plan to Travel is required to do so by law.
Plan to Travel does not generally take steps to:
- verify personal and/or sensitive information about any individual disclosed to it; or
- seek additional personal and/or sensitive information about any individual on the basis of information disclosed to it, except in circumstances where it is reasonably necessary for us to do so or as may be required by law.
Use of your personal information
Disclosure of personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed to third parties in the following circumstances:
- our directors, officers, employees and other associated companies or related entities or organisations;
- our contracted service providers;
- credit card providers, credit reporting and fraud checking agencies;
- government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies where the disclosure is required or authorised by law;
- our professional advisors, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- third party suppliers of products or services which you have selected (such as airlines, ground operators, hotels and insurance providers);
- third party travel service providers who assist in fulfilling the booking you have made;
- our online booking facility operator and host and others who assist in providing these services;
Where applicable, we may handle or disclose personal information relying on applicable exemptions under the Privacy Act, including but not limited to, the related bodies corporate exemption and the employee exemption.
We may disclose personal and/or sensitive information to overseas recipients in order to provide services.
Generally, we will only disclose your personal information to these overseas recipients in connection with our services such as facilitation or fulfilment of your travel booking and/or to enable the performance of administrative and technical services by them on our behalf.
Storage and security of your personal information
Plan to Travel takes reasonable steps to:
(a) ensure that personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and relevant, having regard to the purpose of the use or disclosure and stored in a secure environment;
(b) implement physical, electronic and organisation steps to protect your personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure;
(c) regularly review and update our security measures to maintain the security, integrity and privacy of personal information that we collect;
(d) destroy or de-identify personal information when it is no longer required.
Security measures that we have in place to protect your personal information include the following:
(a) employing industry standard techniques such as firewalls, virus scanning tools and encryption;
(b) requiring employees and all staff to use logins and passwords for access to all systems;
(c) requiring all staff and contractors to maintain the confidentiality of customer information; and
(d) using secure networks when transmitting electronic data.
To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any unauthorised access to your personal information or for any other security breach.
You may control, refuse and/or delete cookies by using the appropriate setting on your browser as you wish, however, if you do so you may not be able to access portions of our website.
Direct Marketing Communications
We may contact you using the contact details, which you provide to us in order to provide you with direct marketing communications about our services in accordance with the law.
You can unsubscribe from receiving communications from us at any time. If you do not wish to receive any further marketing material from us click on the unsubscribe link or by contacting us.
Links to external websites
Access to, and correction of, your personal information
You are able to access and correct your personal information held by Plan to Travel by contacting our office directly.
If you believe that any of the information, we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, please make a request to our office for correction. Contact details can be found below under “Contact”.
If you have a complaint about the way we have dealt with your personal information, or if there has been a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, please contact us directly using the details set out below. We will respond to your complaint within a reasonable time.
Plan to Travel contact details
If you have any questions or concerns about how we handle your personal or sensitive information or if you wish to access or amend personal and/or sensitive information we hold about you, please make a request in writing.
All correspondence should be directed to:
Post: Plan to Travel, PO Box 140, Riddells Creek, Victoria 3431, Australia
Telephone: +61 427 286061 or +61 3 5248 6061
If you decide to contact us for any reasons above, we request that you provide us with sufficient details regarding your reason for getting in touch with us.
We may ask you to provide us with a copy of your passport or other valid identity document.
Further information on the Privacy Act and the National Privacy Principles can be found on the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at: www.privacy.gov.au
Last updated: 11th January 2021